LEDs are continuously improving and with that improvement comes new product options for lighting retrofits. With the array of options, we realize it can be confusing on knowing which is the best new product for your retrofit.
When it comes to fluorescent lighting — which already has a longer life span than incandescent or halogen — it can be even more challenging to figure out when to retrofit to LED and which products are best. Here are some great options for retrofitting existing fluorescent lighting for energy savings, easier maintenance, and better light levels.
Single, Double, Triple and Biax Compact fluorescent
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) are a high-efficiency lamp utilizing an electric discharge through low-pressure mercury vapor to produce ultraviolet (UV) energy. Sound confusing? Translation: CFLs have long been a long-life, energy-saving product with a small footprint.
Single, double, and triple CFLs, along with
- If you currently have single and double 2-pin CFL lamps, Sylvania has released an LED replacement for single and double 2-pin CFL lamps.
- If you have double and triple 4-pin CFL lamps, both Philips has reliable solutions for double and triple 4-pin CFL lamps. Each manufacturer has vertical and horizontal configurations to offer. In both cases, there's no need to rewire the fixture. The product fits into existing G24q/GX24 sockets and lasts two times longer than the standard CFLs.
- If you have
biaxlamps, a straight tube bent back in the middle, constituting a biaxial tube, Philips has an innovative LED replacement. It's worth considering depending on your energy, maintenance, and visual needs.
2ft, 3ft, 4ft, and U-bend Linear Fluorescent
LED lamps are also effective replacements for traditional linear fluorescent lamps, depending on the application. When it comes to replacing fluorescent lamps with LED lamps, it helps to ask yourself what your specific goals are.
For a 4ft replacement option:
- Looking for maximum energy savings? - Consider the 12W InstaFit product
- Looking for high light output and dimming? - Consider the 15W InstaFit product
- Looking for the lowest up-front cost? - Consider the 17W InstaFit product
Philips also offers solutions for 2-foot, 3-foot, and U-bend linear fluorescents. Regardless of your fluorescent application, we can help you find the right product — LED or otherwise — to meet your goals.
We also represent an array of manufacturers so this is just a brief preview of the options available to you. As new products are introduced, we are committed to keeping you informed.
Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding a lighting retrofit.
Finding the right product for a retrofit is just as confusing as understanding all of the lighting jargon terms. Luckily, we're here to help with both. Download our Lighting Terms Glossary where we define the most commonly used lighting terms.